FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharp VL-AX1 MiniDV and Adobe Premiere...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Searchname
Sharp VL-AX1 MiniDV and Adobe Premiere...
on Dec 21, 2002 at 10:44:32 pm

I am a complete newbie and would like to author some DVD's for Christmas. I imported a two minute segment into Adobe Premiere 6.5, but it imports to AVI. I used Sonic MyDVD to import the same segment, which was MPG, but the quality was terrible. Actually, I wasn't too impressed w/ the quality of the Premiere clip either, but it was much better than the Sonic clip. The AVI was 500+MB, while the MPG was less than 100MB. Here are a few questions:
<*>What is the best way to import from my camera (Adobe Premiere)?<*>I am using my Audigy 2 firewire port, is this sufficient?<*>What program can I use to convert AVI to MPEG2, or can Premiere either do this or encode to MPEG2?<*>Item What's the best DVD creation software?<*>Finally, I will buy more software if necessary ... is Ulead better or maybe Final Cut Pro?
Thanks in advance for your help and mostly for the patience!

Return to posts index

izwood
Re: Sharp VL-AX1 MiniDV and Adobe Premiere...
on Dec 22, 2002 at 1:57:16 am

There is plenty of good advice available on DVD production, but you should probably go to the section on DVD authoring etc in this forum. From what I understand, Premiere 6.5 will encode the video into MPEG 2 and produce a quality product. You will need to encode it after importing and editing is complete. DVD production requires a few steps and a bit of trial and error to get there, for most people, but it is worth the effort to learn the steps. Take your questions to the DVD section and you should find the help you need. Good luck, and be patient.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]