FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony TRV27 cam how to record without time code ?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay
Sony TRV27 cam how to record without time code ?
by
on Dec 19, 2002 at 10:26:29 am

Hello,

New user to the Sony TRV27 digital min cam. Wondering how one records footage without the time code and date showing up on the footage I want to edit.

Would appreciate some help here for this newbie.

Thank you.

Jay

PS: First shooting of Indie production coming up fast. Need help.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Sony TRV27 cam how to record without time code
on Dec 19, 2002 at 12:43:37 pm

Hey Jay
Did you look through the menue's? I'm not fermiliar with that camera, but I'd assume there'd be a option to turn it off in one of the menue's. It's time to break open the manual and see if you can find anything in there about what menue its in to shut it off. Good Luck!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

Ron Evans
on Dec 19, 2002 at 2:08:06 pm

Are you sure that you are not seeing "data code" . This data from the camera is recorded on the tape in a data area and can be seen by pressing the "data code" button on the remote. This button will also turn the code off. The button will cycle through date/time and camera settings like f stop, gain etc. IF you capture to PC then this will not show on the preview screen on the PC , only if you playback through 1394 connection to your camera with the button set to on. I have a TRV50 and as far as I can tell there isn't a way to burn the date and time onto the visible area of tape and I am sure your TRV27 will be no different. Read your manual.

Ron

Return to posts index

Jay
by
on Dec 20, 2002 at 7:20:29 am

Hello!

Thank you Ron! That was very helpful. Indeed I have been through the manual umpteen times, but this part was still unclear to me. Gasp a time and date code would appear in the shot like you see on some home videos.

Quite right you are, it was the data code that was worrying me. Not now though.

Many thanks.

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]