FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting to tape with Premiere 6.5?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AccountNeedsRealnameUpdateOtherNamesWillBeTurnedOff
exporting to tape with Premiere 6.5?
on Dec 18, 2002 at 1:07:27 pm

I just purchased a Pinnacle Pro One card and im loving editing within Premiere 6.5! My question is, how do I export to tape? I know where to go within Premiere, but I am not getting a signal to my TV. Can someone help me? Trying to get some stuff on a video to send to my bro stationed over in Afganastan. Could someone break it down for me? Say I have a clean slate...a tv, a vcr, and the Pro One breakout box and it all needs to be hooked up to export from the pc to the vcr, how do I do it? all the outs and in jacks get confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, would having my sony dv cam hooked through firewire to the card itself at the same time as to the vcr cause any problems? The cam would be turned off as I was doing this of course. I am just beginning with this editing stuff, so bare with me folks! My name says it all...Video_Newb! Laughing

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: exporting to tape with Premiere 6.5?
on Dec 19, 2002 at 12:50:21 pm

Hi there
What you should do is run RCA cables from your Pro one breakout box outputs to your input of your VCR. Then connect your VCR to your TV using an RF cable (Standard cable for cable TV). Then turn your VCR power on and set the imput signal to Line in and then you will be able to watch your previews on your monitor. This way you will have your VCR hooked up all the time and ready for export and also you will be able to preview on your monito all the time. Hope you understand what I mean. Good Luck and Happy Hollidays!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

ominous93
Re: exporting to tape with Premiere 6.5?
on Jan 3, 2003 at 6:15:45 pm

Connect the S-video or Composite (RCA) video OUT to your VCRs S-video or Composite IN. Go through your VCRs menu and make sure you have the A/V in enabled, and the s-video IN selected if you have it, because most VCRs default to Composite IN mode, but some auto-sense.

In Premiere, get your footage on the timeline and File -> Export Movie -> Print to tape. Select how much time for either colored bars or a black screen to be displayed before the video. Start your VCR recording now and let it roll for 2 seconds. Click OK and Premiere should play your footage via the OUT on your capture card to the VCR, and it should record.

Make sure you have the A/V in selected, again. Some VCRs make you change the channel (below channel 02) to get to A/V in (mine goes channel 03, channel 02, L1 (A/V), F1 (A/V), etc. Hooking a TV up to the output of the VCR would be nice to verify it's working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]