FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT Video Editing Question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mulligan
URGENT Video Editing Question
on Dec 13, 2002 at 2:57:05 am

Let me explain my situation.

I recorded on a VHS camcorder a bunch of scenes for a film. Then I went to an editing studio, cut up the scenes, and put it all together on a final edited VHS. However on the final edited version, the sound quality is horrible to the point of not being able to understand any of the dialog going on. The sound quality on the unedited tape is fine.

I no longer have access to the studio, but need to fix the sound. What do I have to do to fix it?

My plan as of now is thus:
Take the origional VHS that has good sound but is un edited and convert it to a digital format. Then convert the edited version to digital and mute all the scenes that has bad sound quality. Take the good audio from each scene on the origional VHS, and paste it on the the corresponding scene on the edited version. Finally, convert the new edited version back to a VHS. Does that make sence?

One last question, how can I convert a VHS to a digital format on a computer? I have the following equiptment available to me: VCR, digital camcorder, and a computer used for video editing (the digital camcorder hooks up to it).

Any and all comments on ANY of my questions are very much appreciated, and time is of the essence, the project is due tomorrow (Friday) night!

Return to posts index

stanjan21
Re: URGENT Video Editing Question
on Feb 26, 2003 at 3:00:26 am

buy new sound card (sound blaster ) and new Vieo Card Ati Al-In-Wonder 9700 Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]