FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle Pro One install question???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AccountNeedsRealnameUpdateOtherNamesWillBeTurnedOff
Pinnacle Pro One install question???
on Dec 12, 2002 at 1:53:54 pm

Ok, am going to try and make this short and sweet in 3 parts....TRY being the key word here!

Part 1:
I just received my Pro One card in the mail yesterday. I was so excited! I went home at lunch, installed it. About halfway through the install I noticed that I was using the 1.5 cd rather than the 2.0 cd. So I cancelled the install and restarted using the 2.0 cd. Once through the install, I rebooted then ran the setup. Once the setup was through, it rebooted..to a black screen.

Part 2:
Went back to work flustered! Looking online, I read that the Pro One card was not compatible with the ATI All in Wonder Radeon 32MB card. So, after work I went to Fry's electronics and purchased a GeForce4 440 64mb card. I booted up into safe mode..removed all (or what I thought was all) of the Pinnacle stuff and also removed the All in Wonder Radeon. I shut computer down and installed new card. I then tried to re-install the Pro One software. Booted to a black screen again!

Part 3:
This time, when I booted, I booted to a last known good boot. I was able to get in! WOOO! I went into Device Manager and here is what was banged out:

-what is banged out is under sound,video and game controllers...the Pinnacle Pro ONE E4. Under the
general tab it says:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

-Under the driver tab it says:

"Pinnacle Pro ONE E4

Driver provider: Pinnacle Systems

Driver Date: 4/1/2002

Driver version: 2.0.0.0

DIgital Signer: Not digitally signed

Under the Resources tab it says:

Resource settings:

This device isnt using any resources because it has a problem.

Also, under device manager, noticed that the IEEE 1394 controller says Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant
IEEE 1394 Host controller rather than the Pinnacle one.(not banged out though)

Any thoughts? Should I reload XP Professional from scratch and start over? Should I install the Pro One card in another PCI slot? You think the registry, etc. still has remnants of the ATI ALL in Wonder card in it? When I removed the Pinnacle software, did I skip something?

Here are my specs:

PIII 700, 512 ram
GeForce4 440 64mb card
Windows XP Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]