FORUMS: list search recent posts

using premiere 6.5, finished clip has audio delay?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AccountNeedsRealnameUpdateOtherNamesWillBeTurnedOff
using premiere 6.5, finished clip has audio delay?
on Dec 5, 2002 at 2:15:51 pm

I've noticed when my finished project from Adobe Premiere 6.5, the audio is delayed looking like a Kung Fu movie! What I do is capture my clips using ATI's capture software..saving them as an MPEG. (Im capturing from vhs, so no digital firewire on these projects) I then open them using Premiere....add titling, music, etc. I then save from Premiere as an AVI file. Thus causing a delay in audio. I thought at first is when I then compress the AVI file into a .WMV file so I can email, but the problem is happening at the AVI level. What could be causing this? Possibly my hardware? My specs are : P III, 700 with 512 ram. I am going to be upgrading to a P4, 2.53 very soon, but was wondering if this could be hardware related? Or am I doing the wrong steps to create this? My video card is the ATI All in Wonder Radeon 32 MB (the first of the all in wonder radeons). Somebody Hellllp!

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: using premiere 6.5, finished clip has audio de
on Dec 5, 2002 at 4:06:05 pm

Hi there
Have you tried shutting down your computer and letting it cool down for an hour or so and then starting it up fresh and watching the clip? My friend uses 6.5 and only has 1 hard drive and after he's been editing for awhile when watching the video's they begin to play out of sync even though they are fine and when we give the computer a rest and start it back up they play fine. I have 3 hard drives in my computer, 2 dedicated for video/audio and I haven't seemed to occur this problem. Hopefully your computer needs a rest and that is all that the problem is!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]