FORUMS: list search recent posts

internal versus external hard drives

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pc nerd
internal versus external hard drives
on Nov 30, 2002 at 4:38:41 am

I'm thinking about building my first PC & one of the things that I want to do is edit video. I have VHS & Hi8 tapes that I want to import & burn onto a DVD. Which is better, a second dedicated internal hard drive or an external hard drive with a Firewire connection? Firewire is peer-to-peer, correct? So, I can hook up a digital camcorder directly to the external hard drive, correct? Say I have 2 video tapes that I want to transfer to the external hard drive. Transferring the first would not be a problem. Would the video on the second tape overwrite the video already on the external hard drive? Which is better, transferring the video to an external hard drive & then editing the video or transferring the video to a second internal hard drive & then editing the video?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: internal versus external hard drives
on Nov 30, 2002 at 3:45:40 pm

Hi there
I'd go for an internal hard drive, cause it is connected directly to the hard drive and is a bit faster connection. If you get an external as long as it is big enough you won't overwrite the first video you captured. Good luck building your computer!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]