FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Editing ? This is my Working System...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carbonke
New to Editing ? This is my Working System...
on Nov 11, 2002 at 9:53:24 pm

Are you new to Video Editing? Confused about the minimum needed computer requirements? Then this message may help you.

I use my system mainly for editing my Home-Made DV movies, but I do get a few clients with editing requests.

Please note that I have mentioned brand names in the following specs, just in case you feel the need to search them on the internet to get more specific details. There are many other good quality brands as well.

A-Open Computer System:
Pentium IV 1.8Ghz
Motherboard AX4B-PRO
512MB DDR RAM
40Gb 7200rmp & 60Gb Hardisk 7200rpm (both Maxtor)
Geforce 3 Ti200 Video Card
Firewire Card (Came with Scanner - UMAX Astra 6400)
24x CD Writer

DV Cam:
Samsung VP-D15i Digital VideoCam

Operating System used:
Windows 2000 Pro (NTFS)

Software:
Ulead Video Studio & Pinnacle Video Studio
Adobe Photoshop 6

On my 40Gb Hardisk I installed my system as dual boot (2 partitions), Win98se which is used for internet/games, and Win2000 which is used for video editing and graphics only.

My 60Gb hardisk is used only for storing captures and editing from my DV Camera.

A 60Gb HDD formatted NTFS can store approximately 4-5 hours of Full DV Quality Video (720x576 - PAL)

With this system I have managed to capture video without any frame loss, then either record back to tape using the dv-in on my camera or record on VHS Tape. The camera is used as an interface to output the video coming from the firewire card to my Samsung Video Recorder.

If you need to ask any questions, don't hesitate to email me (carbonke@ fretworkonline.com). I am no expert but if I know the answer I will help.

Kevin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]