FORUMS: list search recent posts

your opinion

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hbi
your opinion
by
on Nov 8, 2002 at 11:02:05 am

I am new to this, but I am eager to learn. I am interested in converting home movies and existing movies to dvd. I recently purchase the sony dru-500a and a powerful machine to do what ever
I want (1 Ghz Athlon, 1 Gig RAM, 40 Gig hdd). All I need is your opinion, should I get the ATI 8500dv or a dazzle product to do my conversion or should I get another product? Please support your opinion. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

HB

Return to posts index

Gerard
Re: your opinion
on Nov 8, 2002 at 3:36:32 pm

Hi HB.

Now here's a question I can answer and share with you. I've used a Dazzle Digital Video Creator for years. I've been very happy with the quality of capture for the money (though I've never been happy with their tech support). It has been fairly reliable, and the editing software, though somewhat limited, is as easy to use as it gets. I guess they have different models now, and one of them is fairly new, the 150. It's a USB 2.0 device (you may need a USB 2.0 controller card to take full advantage), and will compress your video to mpeg2 format.

I know the ATI 8500 card itself has enjoyed some praise. But the All-In-Wonders-- I have seen my work compared, and I definitely find Dazzle's to look better image quality, in my opinion. Also, you may find if you read reviews that many people seem to have driver problems with ATI, so that might be a caution flag. Still, there seem to be those who just love it.

Just an opinion.
*Oh, edit note: there are other options like Pinnacle and stuff, but I can't speak to those because I have no experience with them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]