Another "which card" post..

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
darrinjc
Another "which card" post..
on Sep 10, 2003 at 8:31:03 pm

Yes, you've heard it a million times:

My system:
Dell Dimension 8250, P4 2.3 Ghz, Win XP, 1 Gig RAM, 2 7200 RPM drives (120 and 160 GB w/ 8 Meg cache).

I already own Premiere, Vegas Video, and many other audio/video programs, including DVD authoring software. Video has always come to me digitally, but I have a client who wants to give me a VHS tape.

So, as I don't need a software bundle, and all I want to do is get that VHS tape to where I can edit in Premiere (no need for real time), what is my best solution? Want the best quality output I can (DV) to firewire.

From what I've seen on the site, I thought that the DAC-2 or DAC-100 looked the best, however a lot of the posts seem to recommend the Pinnacle Studio Deluxe or others.

What am I missing? Is this a cost issue only? The $400 on the DAC-2 is no problem, and reviews seem to like it, but I haven't seen it recommended.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Another "which card" post..
on Sep 11, 2003 at 6:20:20 pm

Check out the Canopus ACEDVIO card.

http://www.videoguys.com/canopus.htm

Does a great job and works great with the software you have. Another good choice is the DAC-100 or Canopus ADVC-100 DV/AV converters.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]