FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very newbie & desperate

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CluelessinCanada
Very newbie & desperate
on Oct 9, 2002 at 6:11:17 pm

I have to create a 10 - 15 minute Public Education Video for my job from a combination of VHS, Stills and other media.

I was looking at the Pinnacle Studio 8 delux

I have a Dell Intel P4 1.50 GHz, AT/AT Compatible 261,136 KB RAM
18.6 GB Hard Drive w/ 15.3 still available

I have never done video editting but am very interested & am determined to learn on the fly.

Will the Studio 8 delux give me everything I need to put together a half decent product?

I am also looking at adding a burner (external) any thoughts?

Oh and the unfortunate news is I have to keep cost down!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Very newbie & desperate
on Oct 9, 2002 at 8:59:46 pm

Studio deluxe 8 is a great choice for you. you'll be able to combine your old vhs footage with still photo's graphics and titles. in the future when you go to dv, studio deluxe will be right there for you to edit it.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Oct 10, 2002 at 10:09:28 am

I would also consider getting another Hard Drive, perhaps a 60 or 80 gig 7200 rpm with 4mb cache or higher as a video capture and editing only drive. With only 15 gig left on your OS Drive, you don't have very much to work with.
As far as a burner goes, I like the Pioneer A04 and the Panasonic LF-D321 DvD Burners. They are excellent machines. Stay away from HP and Sony. They don't hold a candle to these two quality made machines.
Yes, Studio 8 will do you a decent job, but you may want to consider going with Adobe Premier 6.5, it has the best Mpeg 2 encoder I ever encountered for DvD creation.

Return to posts index

Time4aPint
on Oct 10, 2002 at 2:08:09 pm

HI,

What hard drives have 4MB of cache? I presumed you were referring to IDE drives. The hard drives that I have seen are either 2MB or 8MB cache, but maybe I missed a few models.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]