FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADS Platinum Pro

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
leebo
ADS Platinum Pro
on Sep 9, 2003 at 6:06:27 pm

I might have the exact name wrong, but I know ADS is releasing a new bundle this Monday (9/15/03) consisting of a firewire card and Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore and Audition for a suggested retail of $499.

Will EMB be carrying this package and if so, when will it be available for purchase?

This package is better for me than Adobes Video collection (though I don't really need another Firewire card) because:

1. I don't yet use AF much, and
2. as a previous owner I can upgrade to AF for $199, making the same video collection $699 rather than Adobes $799.

Return to posts index

leebo
Re: ADS Platinum Pro
on Sep 11, 2003 at 12:41:14 am

No reply yet??? You guys must be busy.

FWIW, the competition (whose initials are S.H.) has this bundle (PYRO Professional) up on their site already. I'm a VG kind of guy, but Pro has been out two weeks and I can't wait much longer!!!

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
on Sep 11, 2003 at 2:36:12 pm

yes we will be carrying this product. we hope to have it sometime this month. Keep checking the web site for updates.

- Jon

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 11, 2003 at 6:16:15 pm

sorry I missed your post. I already replied to a post about this in another one of our forums.

The price will be $499.95. You'll get Premeire Pro, Encore DVD & Audition. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

leebo
on Sep 11, 2003 at 6:31:00 pm

Thanks guys. I was pretty sure, just surprised I coulden't find anything about it in your main site, considering it's officially released on Monday and those other guys are already taking orders.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 12, 2003 at 12:19:41 am

Here it is guys -

Pyro Professional $499.95
Premiere Pro, Encore DVD & Audition for under $500!!

Pyro Professional is a complete digital video production system, which includes Pyro 1394 PCI three-port host card for 400 Mbit/sec data throughput for lossless, broadcast-quality digital video. Since the Pyro card is fully OHCI compliant, you can easily add FireWire hard drives, webcams and more!!

Premiere Pro - Real-time editing for professional video production Adobe® Premiere® Pro software is a revolutionary nonlinear video editing application. Powerful real-time video and audio editing tools give you precise control over virtually every aspect of your production. Built for the exceptional performance of Microsoft® Windows® XP systems, Adobe Premiere Pro takes video production to an entirely new level.

Encore DVD - takes professional DVD authoring to a new level of creativity. Import and convert source files automatically to MPEG-2 video and Dolby® Digital audio. Create and edit menus in Adobe Photoshop® format using a flexible interface and a comprehensive set of menu design tools. Output your project to all recordable DVD formats, ensuring a wide degree of playback compatibility.

Audition - a professional audio editing environment. Designed for demanding audio and video professionals, Adobe Audition offers advanced audio mixing, editing, and effects processing capabilities. Its flexible workflow, coupled with exceptional ease of use and precise tools, gives you the power to create rich, nuanced audio of the highest possible quality.

http://www.videoguys.com/pyroplat.html

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

leebo
on Sep 12, 2003 at 12:37:54 am

Yes!

And now I hear Matrox is bundling the X100 with the same software for $1199 (I think thats right)!!!

Why oh why do they do this to me? Now I have to decide between the two. Oh well.

Either way, I'll be buying one of these from EMB for sure!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: ADS Platinum Pro: Premeire Pro Minimum System
on Sep 12, 2003 at 4:32:13 am

Here's a post I made in the DV.com forums. It was in response to some frustrated Premiere Pro users trying to run it in a lowly P3 machine.

Guys, it's obvious that Adobe and other vendors list minimum system specs that while the program may run, you will not be satisfied with the results. I can't stand this practice, but it seems it will not go away. So here for the record is our minimum recommended system for running Premiere Pro and liking what you get:

- 2+ Ghz P4 processor or Athlon Eqiv.
- 512+ Megs of RAM
- A dedicated 7200 RPM drive for video (can be EIDE, FireWire, SCSI or Serial ATA)
- A decent 3D graphics card with 64+ Megs of RAM. (I recommend a dual head card - once you go dual you'll never go back)

You will find that the more CPU speed you give Premiere Pro, the better it runs. Not just real-time stuff, but overall responsiveness. So get the fastest CPU you can afford. This will also speed up your encoding to DVD.

And users will still see some pretty significant benfits from 3rd party hardware accelerators like the RTX100 or Storm. Matrox just sent us over some very good info on what benefits the RTX100 w/ Premiere Pro will bring you. Here is my boiled down version:

1) Analog & DV I/O a good DV/AV converter like the ADVC100 will cost you around $300 bucks

2) Real-time analog, DV & MPEG2 output. For many of us the real-time MPEG2 output is now just as or more important then real-time output to tape. Final outputs with premiere pro must be rendered.

3) Real-time color correction with TV output. Color correction needs a video monitor to get the best results. The Matrox color correction tool is not as slick as the new Premiere pro, but it's pretty easy to use. The auto white balance is a great time saver.

4) Matrox real-time 3D FX and filters. These are very high quslity with superb keyframing tools. you can preview the FX while you are working with them on your external video monitor.

5) The RTX100 single pass scan and capture tool is fantastic. It goes beyond batch capturing. On the fly your video is broken down into clips. unwanted clips can be deleted to free up disk space.

6) For AE users the WYSIWYG video output is a very nice tool.

If you order the RTX100 w/ Prtemiere 6.5 today, you get a FREE upgrade to Premeire Pro, Encore DVD & Audition!! That's an incredible deal for $999.95!!!

Gary

Return to posts index

leebo
on Sep 12, 2003 at 5:11:00 am

If you order the RTX100 w/ Prtemiere 6.5 today, you get a FREE upgrade to Premeire Pro, Encore DVD & Audition!! That's an incredible deal for $999.95!!!

Gary, is that the correct price?? Please say yes.Laughing

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 12, 2003 at 1:11:45 pm

Yes it is - for the RTX100 Xtreme w/ Premiere only. If you want Reel DVD as well, then it is $1199. there are actually 3 flavors of RTX100 Xtreme:

There are three Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme bundles to choose from depending on the type of work you plan to do and the software you may already own.

1) Model# RTX100NX $999.95 RT.X100 Xtreme with Adobe Premiere and FREE upgrade to Premeire Pro, Encore DVD & Audition.

2) Model# RTX100NXR $1199 RT.X100 Xtreme complete with Adobe Premiere and Sonic ReelDVD Studio This bundle also includes a FREE upgrade to Premeire Pro, Encore DVD & Audition.

3) Model# RTX100NXRM $999.95 RT.X100 Xtreme with Sonic ReelDVD Studio but without Adobe Premiere is the bundle to buy if you already own Adobe Premiere 6.5 or Pro and you want Reel DVD Studio. This bundle does NOT include a free upgrade to Premiere Pro, Encore & Audition.

http://www.videoguys.com/rtx100.html

Gary

Return to posts index

leebo
on Sep 13, 2003 at 1:35:59 am

Sooo Cool!

Well, I coulden't pass up this deal (being single deos have one or two advantages). I ordered #1 above. I already have a Matrox approved MB and CPU, just need to install them.

I mistakenly added the Pinnacle MyMP3 software to the order though, not realizing the special ended two days ago (maybe you should remove any reference to the special deal from the store site?).
Anyway, I sent sales an email asking them to delete it from my order. Hope they catch it in time.

Thanks Gary!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 13, 2003 at 2:19:29 am

Thanx for the order!!!Smile

The add-a-buck special has been extended through Sept. So you can still have the software for $1. It's pretty cool for cataloging & digitizing your CD collection.

Gary

Return to posts index

leebo
on Sep 13, 2003 at 6:24:38 am

Cool! But the invoice did show $49. I hope sales will be able to figure it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]