FORUMS: list search recent posts

Western digital 8mb buffer

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EZvideo
Western digital 8mb buffer
on Sep 30, 2002 at 5:55:41 pm

Is the WD 8 mb buffer 100 gig Hard drive a good investment for my video editing machine. Will it give the performance needed to do non linear editing on winXP pro using Adobe premiere/after efects?
I just wanted to use this Hard dirve as my video library since my raid drives are getting full?

Are there any pros and cons that I need to know about for this hard drive regarding video editing?

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
Re: Western digital 8mb buffer
on Oct 1, 2002 at 10:45:09 am

One of the best Hard Drives out there. I have a 120 gig WD W/8Mg buffer. It's the cat's meow, almost as fast as Scsi at about 1/8th the cost. Highly recommend it to anyone needing a good internal drive.

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
on Oct 3, 2002 at 4:21:17 pm

I also use the Western Digital with the 8MB buffer it really rocks ..It benchmarks faster than my other hardrives!! Mitch

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

tompegbel
on Oct 12, 2002 at 4:02:03 am

I'm planning on adding the Western Digital WD1200JB 120GB Hard Drive to my Dell 4500 as dedicated storage for video editing. Can it be configured as a slave to the primary (in my case 40GB) hard drive or does it need its own controller card?

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 12, 2002 at 5:04:20 pm

This drive can be configured as slave on IDE1, but you don't want to use this configuration for video capture. During capture, Windows needs to communicate with the boot drive, master on IDE1. Only one drive can talk at a time on an IDE channel and Windows is going to assume priority, so you will drop video frames in this configuration. Video capture should always be to a drive on IDE2.

So it could be used for temporary video file storage, but not for doing any realtime work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]