FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to buy sony pd 150?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
Where to buy sony pd 150?
on Sep 28, 2002 at 8:25:36 pm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where i should buy my sony pd150 for the best price.

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: Where to buy sony pd 150?
on Sep 29, 2002 at 8:54:32 pm

Same question here.
But, more important than price is reliabiltiy of vendor.

Anyone have experience with NICE? They look ok at the BBB site. I ordered a Pioneer PRV-9000 DVD Burner from them Friday. I hope all is well......

AlwaysLearning

p.s. I am going with the new Panasonic AG-DVX100 over the PD-150.

Return to posts index

Ted Jan
on Oct 3, 2002 at 11:03:07 pm

I just read that the people over at Promax in California think that the picture quality of the Panasonic AG DVX100 is just as good if not better than the Sony PD150. They were one of the first resellers to get it in and are now shipping it out to their customers.

By the way, I'm getting my Panasonic AG DVX100 on Friday.

Return to posts index

oosal
on Oct 4, 2002 at 9:58:02 pm

But how much is the price difference?

Return to posts index

Ted Jan
on Oct 4, 2002 at 10:55:30 pm

I got mine for just under $3450, and that includes shipping. It retails at $3799. So the price is actually about the same as the Sony PD-150 depending on who you buy it from.

However, price should not be the reason why you buy a video camera. The Sony PD-150 has the ability to record on DVCAM tapes which are more robust than the MiniDV tapes. The Panasonic AG-DVX100 camera records on MiniDV.

The Panasonic AG-DVX100 has 3 modes for recording video. 2 of the modes, don't use auto focus, so you have to be pretty comfortable using manual focus if you plan on getting this camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]