FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to get still shots for a video slideshow

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clev
Best way to get still shots for a video slideshow
by
on Sep 25, 2002 at 1:32:20 am

I am trying to determine the best way to get still shots into Premiere for a "slideshow" type presentation. I don't know if scanning them in from a scanner is an option. I've seen where some people set their camera on an arm that shoots down onto a table where they put their still photos on some kind of a grid. Does anyone know who makes this sort of thing? I think a benefit to this type of system is that you could get shots of oversize items that a scanner would'nt handle. I've checked through BP Photo's Catalog and did'nt see anything quite like this.

Thank you for your response.

Return to posts index

debgk
Re: Best way to get still shots for a video slides
on Sep 25, 2002 at 7:36:26 pm

You can do it several ways -- take video of each still; take a still image with a dv still camera; or just scan them.

what size are the originals? As long as they fit on the scan bed, you can scan them.

Do you use Photoshop? If yes, it's realitvey easy to create a few actions to prepare the stills for use in premiere.

Stills that you plan to use in a DV project need to have a 720X480 image size ... first you make them 720X540 (or close ot it) with proportions constrained, then you re-size to 720X480 without size constrained. It looks distorted on your PC, but plays back right on a TV.

Happy to share more details ... let me know ... deb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]