FORUMS: list search recent posts

Athlon v/s pentium?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
Athlon v/s pentium?
on Sep 19, 2002 at 4:41:41 pm

As of yesterday i saw that the p4 2.53 and 2.6 had dropped in price since the new 2.8 has come out. But the question i am wondering for the price and speed which is gonna be my best bet. Athlon, dual athlon, or p4. Is a p4 2.53 enough for a professional grade machine. I mean 300 bucks is a pretty good price i think. Please let me know your opinions.

Oosal

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
Re: Athlon v/s pentium?
on Sep 19, 2002 at 5:27:10 pm

A P4 2.53 Ghz Procesor is more than fast enough to run any video Capture Card & bundled Editing software & it is also priced right..Mitch

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
on Sep 26, 2002 at 3:03:04 pm

For Professional Non-Linear Editing Systems. More Professionals go with the Pentium based systems over Athalon based systems. Unless of course you use Dual Athalons, single Athalon chips were designed for Gameing. Known for their speed, Athalons are the number one choice for Gameing. "Alien" Computers are all equiped with Athalons.
Professional Video Editing systems mostly use Dual Pentiums or Dual Athalons, More Pentiums than anything else.

Return to posts index

steve_avs
on Oct 8, 2002 at 5:56:08 am

Having said all that. I've just started using my Athlon XP 2.0 and have had no problems at all working with DV500 DVD. The only problems I had was when I tried overclocking it up within the specified range. This caused some dropout during burning. I don't recommend attempting this.

In my opinion, fast memory, and loads of it, is just as important as the CPU you are using. I'm using 512 Meg of DDR2700 RAM. Also a fast HD is critical. Try get a 133 Mhz bus HD at minimum 7200 RPM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]