FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't export thru firewire with windows xp

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
debgk
can't export thru firewire with windows xp
on Sep 17, 2002 at 4:17:11 am

Hi,

Not really new to video editing, but new to windows XP -- editing on a laptop and using a canon zr40. I've been looking all over for help on this one and have found that others have the same problem. Any help is welcome!!! (please!!!)

I've been able to capture from my canon zr40 on my laptop thru firewire just fine. I've done a sample project with video and stills (yes, optimized) and music. It plays fine in my timeline.

I'm having trouble printing to tape. I can't get the video signal to appear on the LCD of the canon. Premiere (6.5) recognized the camera as a zr10 to capture. It doesn't have zr40 as an option - and Canon doesn't have a drive for the zr40 on their site.

I'm used to editing with a dv deck and my desktop with a DV500 card, so I'm stumped on why I can't do it on the zr40 with firewire. It have camera set to vtr. The project uses DV settings (and it's NTSC)

specs:
Dell Inspiron 8200, P4 1.6, 768 DDR Ram
windows XP
30 gig system drive (7200 RPM, ATA 100)
40 gig USB 2 external capture drive (7200 rpm, ATA 100)
64 DDR video ram ...

Thanks!
deb

5'8"; 126 lbs; blonde hair; 38; happily married but seeing who reads to the end of the specs list ;)

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
Re: can't export thru firewire with windows xp
on Sep 26, 2002 at 3:10:27 pm

You may have to set your Capture settings back to "Generic"
If your Camera is not listed in the choice of cameras in Premier, You may have to go to the Adobe site and see if they have a driver.
Good Luck.

6'4 1/2; 237lbs; Brown hair; blue eyes,extremely athletic; 36; happily married with three children; wonderful video-production/post-production career.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]