FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with the Disc from the heat.

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skyhawks
Problem with the Disc from the heat.
on Sep 13, 2002 at 7:08:59 pm

hey everyone,

this is my first post here.,. so please take a easy on me. i am having a little problem and need of help. I have a DVD Player installed in the back of my car (in the trunk). the unit works fine. but after player the Disc for over 2 hours. it stopped working. at first I thought it was the player.. and the trunk being hot (it was the summer).. thought it would have overheated. But that wasnt the case, because i pop anything CDR in there, it works fine. (i was running VCD movies). I beleive the CDR got bad from the heat. what CDR should I be using?? What about the CD that professional record company use?? I believe they are called Image CD? I am trying to look for this info.. any help would be appreciate. thanks.

yeah, i have a LCD screen inside the car.... heheh!

sky

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Problem with the Disc from the heat.
on Sep 16, 2002 at 3:49:47 am

The laser in a DVD player heats up the disc a lot more than a CD player. The tracks on a DVD are a lot smaller and closer together than a CD. If you put a label on the CD, then the glue was loosened by the heat of the laser, allowing the label to move. If the label gets even slightly off-center, it will no longer be in balance enough to play on a DVD player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]