FORUMS: list search recent posts

[red]best price on pd150?[/red]

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oosal
[red]best price on pd150?[/red]
on Sep 11, 2002 at 11:03:32 pm

I am about to buy a new camera, or i should say my first 3 chip. I would like to know the best place to purchase a pd150 or a vx2000. I am trying to get close to 3grand but if i have to pay a little more so i can get all the goodies the pd150 has then i will. Also can anyone suggest any reason to go with another camera other than the 2 i have put up here.

Return to posts index

alwayslearning
Re: [red]best price on pd150?[/red]
on Sep 12, 2002 at 4:24:08 am

hello oosal.
As far as another suggestion besides the PD150 and VX-2000, see the two threads, "Seeking Advice on Making Purchases" and [perhaps on the second page now?] "3 Chip Camera Purchase".

I researched an incredible amount over the past month on the very issue of purchasing my first 3 chip camera. I finally, about 1.5 weeks ago, came down to the Sony PD150 or VX-2000. The built in XLR mic inputs as well as some other features, swung me over to the PD150. I am actually getting two.

I was literally going to order them yesterday , when at the last minute, I am aware of the Panasonic AG-DVX100. There are links to info about it in one or both of the threads I mentioned above. Last I know so far, it isn't due out until 10/10. I want a 3 chip NOW. But I suspect waiting a month or so might make me very glad I waited in a few months, looking back.

I'm considering buying a PD150 now and in a month, buy one of the Panasonics. I know two professional videographers that said if they were in the market right now for a 3 chip, they'd wait for the AG-DVX100.......

arghhhh....

AlwaysLearning

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]