FORUMS: list search recent posts

RT.X100 Motherboard issues?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Time4aPint
RT.X100 Motherboard issues?
on Aug 31, 2002 at 6:33:44 am

Hello,

Matrox's web site states that the Asus P4T533-C motherboard is compatible with their RT.X100 card. However, it doesn't say anthing about the P4T533 motherboard. They're both based on the i850E chipset. They both support 533 FSB. They both use RAMBUS memory.

Can anyone tell me if I would run into problems buy purchasing the P4T533 motherboard for use with Matrox's RT.X100 board? I like the additional PCI slot and the RAID capabilities of the P4T533.

Thanks muchly!

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: RT.X100 Motherboard issues?
on Aug 31, 2002 at 2:45:41 pm

which RAID controller is built on the motherboard. We have had TONS of problems with motherboards that have the RAID built on.

- Jon

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Aug 31, 2002 at 5:50:55 pm

Hi there
I don't know if this helps at all, but I am using an Asus P4TE motherboard using the 850 chipset and have had absolutley no problems yet since I began using my Matrox RT X100 3 weeks ago. Good luck with your decision, hope all goes well!

Return to posts index

Time4aPint
on Sep 2, 2002 at 5:42:36 am

I believe the RAID is based on the Promise chip.

What problems are you having?

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Sep 2, 2002 at 1:50:02 pm

Our customers have had many tech issues with built on raid controllers. Most times it is a driver or bios issue. But with some mobo / chipsets, the on board raid controllers gobble up resources and can actually slow down system performance and throughput for NLE.

That's why Videgoguys don't give them a strong recommendation. We aren't sying they don't work, it's just that too often they are troublesome.

Gary
Videoguys.com

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]