FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrox RT.X100 compatibility issues?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Time4aPint
Matrox RT.X100 compatibility issues?
on Aug 28, 2002 at 2:08:34 pm

Hello,

I am building a video editing PC and I want to use Matrox's new RT.X100 card. I also want to use the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum sound card. Is there compatibility problems between the two cards since they both have firewire ports? I looked at Matrox's web site and it says that Audigy (it doesn't specify the model) has problems under Win2000. The web site also states that it will work under Windows XP, but it may still have some problems.

I like the features of the Audigy Platinum, but if I have to choose another I will.

Please provide any conflict information and suggestions for a different sound card if needed.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
Re: Matrox RT.X100 compatibility issues?
on Aug 28, 2002 at 7:28:31 pm

You definitly can get the Audigy to work with XP & the RTX100 I did it at home with my RTX10

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

Time4aPint
on Aug 28, 2002 at 7:42:10 pm

OK. I just read some problems that people had when installing the Audigy onto an XP machine (not even factoring the RT.X100 card into the equation). I got very nervous reading their horror stories (failure to install drivers, loud screeching noise, system freezes, etc.)

Thanks for the info.

Return to posts index

ciabt
on Aug 28, 2002 at 8:54:33 pm

Hi there
I was also concerned with this problem as I have an Audigy Platinum running Windows 2000 and I orderd the RT X100. I have the card installed and everything is working perfectly except when I am trying to import video into my computer from my VCR, the sound doesn't record, but I don't think it is the sound cards fault, I think I have messed up the settings in premiere by mistake. So I don't think you will have any problems with this sounds card and the RT X100. I really like the audigy sound card, it seems like a great product and is worth the money. I love the RT X100, it does everything I need it to do and so much more, you are buying an A+ product. If you do have any problems just ask Videoguys they have great advice and seem to know just about everything, about everything!

Return to posts index

John Q
on Sep 3, 2002 at 4:14:38 am

Creative had me test their new Audigy driver with my X100 Dual Athlon system. I had problems with a BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD before installing the new driver, but no longer. Everything works fine now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]