FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying videotapes onto DVD's

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JHANSEN
Copying videotapes onto DVD's
on Aug 26, 2002 at 1:21:06 am

Friday, I received my order for a SIMA SCC Copyguard Eliminator. I have spent the weekend trying it out and I can not get it to eliminate the copyguard signal. I am trying to transfer old 1985 VCR tape copies I made onto DVDs. I have tried interposing it between my VCR player and my Mojave Dazzle analog-to-digital converter connected to my computer to allow me to make DVDs of TV recordings and VCR tapes. No luck. The copyguard signal kept blocking recording of the VCR tapes onto my hard drive. (I am using MGI's Videowave Version 4.0 video editing software.) I next tried making a second generation copy of the original copy, but this time interposing the SCC between the player VCR and the recorder VCR. No luck. This is despite in each of the two scenarios I have tried varying the settings on the SCC (tint, color, brightness, sharpness, contrast, and individual color tones.) Why is the copyguard not eliminated? Anything more I can do to make it work before returning the device? Thank you.

Return to posts index

JoesVideo
Re: Copying videotapes onto DVD's
on Aug 27, 2002 at 10:38:02 am

Copyguard encoded disks and tapes, otherwise known as macrovision, can ony be beaten with full frame Time base correction. I doubt that Sima has timebase at all. There are medium priced video mixers on the market that can do this and do it well. Videonics MX-Pro will do the job and costs about 1200.00. You can however find a good used older MX1 for under 500.00. Either way, these mixers beat Macrovision. My set-up has the MX-Pro, and Canopus's ADVC-100 analog converter. I simply put one of my Granddaughter's Disney Tapes (Disney, known for full blown macrovision encoding...worst on the market) into my VCR. Take the video out of the VCR and into one of the inputs of the MX-Pro, then out of the MX-Pro into the Canopus ADVC-100 and firewire out of the canopus to the harddrive which is formatted to NTFS for unlimited video capture under W2K useing Pinnacle Studio 7 as the capture software. I then take the avi movie and encode it to Mpeg2 using Sonic's DVD it SE and burn the disk. Comes out great!
For back-up copies of disks, simply use your DVD player in place of the VCR. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]