FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help choosing software

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brasstone
Need help choosing software
on Aug 21, 2002 at 11:59:29 pm

Hello,

I've recently decided to make an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 -- kind of a fun, garage project. I have a 400 celeron machine with a nvidia riva 128 video card (not very good I know).

I need the capability of combining two videos using a green screen.

I have no intention of becoming a professional movie maker, I just want to do one project and may not ever do this again.

Assuming I have all of my video already in a digital format, does anyone have suggestions as to an affordable software package that can help?

Thanks,
James

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Need help choosing software
on Aug 22, 2002 at 3:31:48 am

Sorry, your computer doesn't have the horsepower necessary to run a capture/editing package.

Only the higher end, i.e. expensive, editing programs support chroma key at all, so this won't be a "cheap" project.

Try and find someone that has the hardware and software to do the job for you, but that probably won't be cheap, either, just cheaper than building a high power video editing system.

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: Need help choosing software
on Aug 24, 2002 at 2:15:08 pm

I don't think you're going to find something that will run on your older, bargain machine. You are going to have to upgrade.

Note: If all you want to do is create small web video, you may be able to use a card like the all in wonder.

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]