FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chromakey Screen

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ciabt
Chromakey Screen
on Aug 4, 2002 at 10:29:36 am

Hi there
I'd like to get into Chromakeying in my video's but need to get a blue screen/green screen first. Is there any cheap meterials that you can use instead of purchasing a small blue screen from a company for $100's of dollars. Thanks in advance for all your ideas/suggestions.
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Red
Re: Chromakey Screen
by
on Aug 9, 2002 at 12:01:51 pm

OOOOOhhh I can talk a itty bitty bit about this!!! I tested it a couple of days ago and am going to do something bigger with it this weekend.

I posted here and at the adobe website as I am using premiere. There I got this info which was truly helpful!:
First of all, white is not the way to go. Green or Blue is the way to go for some very technical reasons I won't go into here.

There is a tutorial on how to do "Chroma Keying" on http://www.videotidbits.com and they even show you how to pick a paint color.

There are also places you can buy special paint that does this better, and fabric or foam rolls that do a great job and have some portability.

There are some articles on BlueScreen in the Post Production area on http://www.greatdv.com as well.

Steven

So after reading and watching the videos, I tried a book cover with green blue, NOT GOOD.... then a dark green sheet, OK but not really very good either, .... then finally taped up some green construction paper on the wall.... NOW THAT WAS REALLY PRETTY GOOD!!! and CHEAP!.... BUT the interesting thing was that the best video quality was using the GREEN CONSTRUCTION paper with the BLUE FILTER!!! I thought that was interesting... so this weekend I am going to try to play with it some more....

Hope this info helps... have fun and post your results!

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Chromakey Screen
on Aug 9, 2002 at 4:52:03 pm

Hi there
Thanks alot for the sites and the info, I didn't even think to use construction paper, but thats a good idea. I emailed a ton of sites and asked them the same question and a few recommended "seamless paper" it's a big roll of a solid colour background available in anything from blue/green to yellow and is very cheap. For a role 53" by 12yds you can get it for $37 Cdn. I'm going to pick up a role of this, probably in blue. Let me know how your experiments work out, thanks alot for responding!
Thanks again and good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]