FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pinnacle DV500 DVD versus Pinnacle Pro-one

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gmac
Pinnacle DV500 DVD versus Pinnacle Pro-one
by
on Jul 29, 2002 at 5:11:09 pm

I was planning to buy the DV500 DVD package for starting my new NLE hobby. Now that the Pro-one package is only $200 more .. I am second guessing what to do.

Any advise from the pros would be appreciated.

P.S. I am also still very confused on the DV format and codec discussions. Utimately I want to edit my DV content and publish on VCD's so I can distribute to family and they can play on their DVD boxes. (one day I will updgrade to DVD burn capability when I am comfortable with a common format). It appears best to keep everything pure DV until you are ready for output and then use that TMPEG program to convert entire content to MPEG2 for DVD playback.

Is this correct?

Return to posts index

Mitch_Videoguys
Re: Pinnacle DV500 DVD versus Pinnacle Pro-one
on Aug 1, 2002 at 3:19:58 pm

If you can go for the extra $200 The pro One is a no-brainer especially when Pinnacle makes available there 2.0 drivers which will basiclly give the Pro One all the features of the Pro One RTDV w/o the realtime DV output..If you have any questions or need to place a order my name is Mitch & I can be reached Mon - Fri 9-5 EST @ 1800 323 2325 xt 122 Thanks. Look forward to speaking with you Mitch

The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
Mitchell Schlesinger xt 122
Home of the Desk Top Video Handbook On Line http://www.videoguys.com
All DTV purchases include FREE tech support and 30 day satisfaction
guarantee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]