FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Mic or Mini Disc?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Cape
Wireless Mic or Mini Disc?
on Jul 23, 2002 at 10:08:16 pm

I am sorry if this is totally unrelated to video capture but it does have to do with video creation!

I have used various wireless mics (to mic the subject in my videos - ie: the groom in wedding videos)and have not been satisfied with the clarity primarily due to reception problems (these were high end mics systems not cheap toys). So someone suggested that I purchase a Mini Disc recorder do I did. I purchased a used MD recorder/player - a Sony MZ-R70. Well it loses tracking during record if the thing gets the slightest movement. I mean if you as much as breath on the thing while it's recording it ruins the recording.

Can anyone that has experience with MD recorders give me some advise? Is this normal or did I just buy someone's broken piece of junk? (it wouldn't be the first time)

If I buy a new one can I expect to be able to record on the thing with a minimal amount of movement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott Cape

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Wireless Mic or Mini Disc?
on Jul 24, 2002 at 12:56:54 am

My favorite solution for my Sony digital camcorders is their zoom/shotgun mike and use them mostly in the shotgun mode. That way I record what the camera is pointed at, don't pick up camcorder noise, and exclude most extraneous noise.

Return to posts index

Jon Jon
Re: Wireless Mic or Mini Disc?
on Aug 1, 2002 at 2:46:47 am

Hi my experience are Samson wireles UM1 one or Airline series.
And XLR Pro from studio1store . You have spend little bit of money,
but you will happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]