FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Question

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DarX
Newbie Question
by
on Jul 18, 2002 at 12:44:00 am

I was not sure which forum to ask this in, but here goes: I have a miniDV camcorder with no microphone jacks, but I desparately need to use microphones. What equipment do I need if I wanted to capture audio on a mic at a remote location and then transfer it to my computer? I figure I need a mixer that has a USB port or somthing similar...Is that standard on something like the Azden series mic systems, or do I need something else? Heh, thanks.
-Darren

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Newbie Question
on Jul 18, 2002 at 1:58:12 am

If you record your audio on a different device, like a tape deck, you might run into time base problems, i.e. the rate of your video and audio may not be the same. While you can get the audio to sync at the start of a sequence, 30 minutes later, they may no longer be in sync. You may be able to correct this with your editing software, but be aware that it may be a problem.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Jul 18, 2002 at 2:09:05 am

Have you considered using a regular cassette tape in a portable cassette recorder to record the audio? You could connect a tape deck to the line-in jack on a computer sound card and record the audio to your hard drive that way.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Jul 19, 2002 at 12:51:47 am

You still have to be concerned about synchronization. If your tape speed is even 0.1% different than your video, that amounts to a 1.8 second offset after 30 minutes. I call that noticable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]