FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with analog capture on ZR60

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
atek
Problem with analog capture on ZR60
by
on Jul 1, 2003 at 6:17:20 pm

I'm using a Canon ZR60 to pass-thru capture old 8mm analog. My system setup is a P4 2.4GHz, VIA 1394 card, 1 Gig RAM, second 160 Gig 7200 rpm ATA133 (nothing on it yet) on it's own Maxtor (Promise) ATA133 controller.

When I'm pass-thru capturing, I seem to get a frame drop when the analog video source has sudden motion. This usually only happens about every 10-15 minutes. I tried capturing to DV tape first then transferring and this seems to drop frames more often (every 30-40 seconds).

In pass-thru capture, I can cause frame drops by fast forward and rewind of the 8mm analog source.

I'm confused about all of this. I thought that once the A/D in the camcorder was done with the digitizing that the 1394 transfer was independent. What I'm seeing seems like it's content-specific and can cause dropped frames.

By the way, I've transfered original DV source with no problem.
Do I need a different 1394 card or is there a flaw in the camcorder analog capture or something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dan Bettan
Re: Problem with analog capture on ZR60
on Jul 2, 2003 at 6:39:54 pm

Sometimes you can run into problems with dropped frames when you use your digital camera for pass-through. That is why we recommend a dv/analog converter such as Datavideo's DAC-100. Check it out here http://www.videoguys.com/dac.html. It's $199.95.

Videoguy Dan

Specialty Video Supply is the educational and government division of The Electronic Mailbox and Videoguys.com. If you represent one of these facilities or are a teacher, student, faculty or staff, please click on this link to learn more about this divisi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]