FORUMS: list search recent posts

CanopusADVC 100 vs Pinnacle MovieBox DV?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MikeT
CanopusADVC 100 vs Pinnacle MovieBox DV?
on Jun 11, 2003 at 1:37:51 am

I am very happy with my ADVC-100. I could use another capture unit like it. The price of the Moviebox DV is very tempting. I really don't care that the outside of it was designed by Porsche. How about the video quality? Does anyone have any true evidence of the difference between these two units? I don't want a similar experience like I had with the ads usb instant dvd lip sync problems, etc.Thanks!

Return to posts index

ishtar1138
Re: CanopusADVC 100 vs Pinnacle MovieBox DV?
on Nov 9, 2003 at 8:28:41 am

i just replaced my moviebox dv with the avdc-100. believe me, you don't want the moviebox. i never had any OOC issues with it because during capture with old vhs tapes it would just freeze up when there were tracking problems. the capture video quaillty was average, not great like the canopus. when running the avi files thru filters, it revealed faint vertical stripes in the video extending from top to bottom. i had nothing but headaches with the moviebox. i wasted 200.00 on it. the avdc is money well spent. if you need another card, why not another avdc? if you go to the pinnacle studio 8 forums you can read all the angry posts there. well i hoped this helped you and i'm sorry if it's a little discouraging. i wish someone told me before i threw away my money on the moviebox.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]