FORUMS: list search recent posts

CD Playback Problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
IRONHORSE
CD Playback Problems
on Mar 25, 2005 at 5:02:30 am

I am a new beginner at this and purchased several video editing programs before settling on Roxio Easy Media Creator 7........As the photographer from my club, I thought it would be nice to put a cd together with the digital photos I took and music from different events, and everything went well until some of out members told me that they cannot play the cd's on there vcr's.........I am using a NEC DVD+RW burner #ND-2100AD, and I recorded the cd's on CD-R discs in a svcd format using Video Wave 7, and then I also burned cd's in the DVD Builder format, and in either case, the cd's still will not play on different cd players which I tried out on some different cd players at Best Buy........I have read alot of articles trying to figure out how to solve this problem with out great expense at my cost, and I am wondering if high quality media cd's would make a different, or do I need to replace my burner with a multi format burner or something similar.......All suggestions would be greatly appreciated in helping me resolve my problem.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: CD Playback Problems
on Mar 25, 2005 at 11:32:58 pm

DVD players are typically programmed to assume that CD's are audio CD's. Some will play Video CD (VCD) format, but they usually have to be recorded on CD-RW media. If the DVD player will play a SVCD, it will probably also have to be on CD-RW media. A disc formatted as a DVD will only be played, if it is recorded on DVD media.

DVD players aren't as smart and flexible as software players on computers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]