FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sporadic DVD playback on home DVD players

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bamims
Sporadic DVD playback on home DVD players
on Feb 25, 2005 at 7:37:49 pm

I have been having lots of trouble with the playback of my DVDs on a set top player(everything is great on my computer!) Same DVD, same set top player - sometimes it plays, other times I get messages from the player such as: "No Disk" "Disk Error". I am using Sony DVD-R discs.
I have the Adobe video collection and export video from premiere pro as mpeg2 high quality CBR. Then in Encore, I transcode all non-mpeg2 video as high quality CBR. I have updated the drivers on my DVD drive. I read the possibility of paper labels making a disc off balance, this is not my problem because I get the same messages with a disc without labels. Could this be my DVD drive?

System info:
P4 2.4 gig
2 gig processing power
Emprex 4x DVD drive
dedicated 120 gig HD for videos

FYI: I had this same problem before I bought Encore, when I used Roxio to burn DVDs.
I would really appreciate any light you can shed on the subject.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
Re: Sporadic DVD playback on home DVD players
on Feb 26, 2005 at 12:17:26 am

How many different set top DVD players have you tried playing the DVD's in?

Return to posts index

bamims
Re: Sporadic DVD playback on home DVD players
on Mar 4, 2005 at 9:09:34 pm

I have tried many, many players and it is always sporadic. I read in the DVD cookbook, that sporadic playback is caused by the blank DVD. I am using Sony -R right now, in the past I have used other brands. Could this be my problem? I am ready to by a new DVD burner to try and fix the problem. Please repond if this is a bad idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]