FORUMS: list search recent posts

8x incompatability with set top players???

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SAB
8x incompatability with set top players???
by
on Jan 20, 2005 at 6:38:04 am

Why would an 8x DVD-R have compatability issues with a set top player yet the 4x dvd-r work perfectly? Isn't that just a maximum writing speed not a reading speed?

My friend is having issues of compatibility with an 8x DVD-R where his 4x DVD-R is playing fine on a set top consumer DVD player. I never had an issue but then agian i never burned on anything faster than 4x. And just incase you were wondering it plays back fine on his PC. Oh here is another curiosity: on the outside of a fuji package of 8x DVD-R disks it states:
may not play on all DVD players.
I never heard of this problem.
I tried both 4 and 8x disks on two players and the 8x always freezes my player at the loading screen. Any light on this subject will be greatly appriciated.Smile

Return to posts index

wgehrke
Re: 8x incompatability with set top players???
on Jan 24, 2005 at 4:25:27 pm

I had great problems with a Sony DRU-530A and 8x media even at 4x burn. I thought it might be the Sony so I bought a Plextor PX-716A and still had problems with all media except Taiyo Yuden media. That included TDK, Sony and Memorex media.

I think now that the drive firmware upgrade has made the problems go away on the Plextor and 8x media. Drives and media were too new for for good results. Make sure you have the very latest firmware for your drive and/or contact the drive tech support.

Return to posts index

SAB
Re: 8x incompatability with set top players???
by
on Jan 26, 2005 at 4:01:46 pm

Thanks alot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]