FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-RAM-HD

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TJ
DVD-RAM-HD
by
on Dec 27, 2004 at 6:45:44 am

I purchased a DMR-E75V for the purpose of as described below. Seem to have jumped the hurdle of dubbing. After "dubbing" from a VHS tape to the DVD-RAM disc, and placing the DVD-Ram disc in the computer, all was fine. Now I have data on my HD that appears unusable. Wherefore, now I am looking for a way to take data off of the Panasonic DVD-RAM (DMR-E75v @ 4.7gb), to a computer (w/windows-2000) HD at high speed, compress maybe, title, chapter, cut/paste, frame grab, zoom if possible, then retrieve from windows-2000 HD, for use on DVD-rw and/or CD-rw burning by Plextor PX708uf, for use with digital room size projectors by the means of a laptop PC with xp installed, and or TV monitors.
Can you make any recommendations of how the above may be economically and expediently be accomplished?
Thank you for your considerations. TJ

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: DVD-RAM-HD
on Dec 27, 2004 at 9:11:16 pm

The Panasonic DVD-RAM records video in DVD-VR format, similar to DVD-video, but different. In either case, the video is compressed more extensively than DV, which means that your video editing software doesn't know what to do with it.

You can read up on this format, and what you can do to edit it, at BurnWorld - Intro to DVD+VR and DVD-VR, Digital Video Recording.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]