FORUMS: list search recent posts

does anyone one know a good vhs to dvd converter?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Squashky
does anyone one know a good vhs to dvd converter?
on Dec 6, 2004 at 12:52:56 am

hi
does anyone know a good vhs to dvd converter. One unit that is middle line reliable and good?
any help helps
thanks

Return to posts index

Johnny Nguyen
Re: does anyone one know a good vhs to dvd convert
on Dec 8, 2004 at 1:53:15 am

I have read that you are new in this very complicated field. It will take alot to explain to you what you need. For this question, briefly, you can use a good Digital camcorder as an intermediate tool to transfer all your VHS from analog to digital. Then after that from this camcorder to computer through the firewire cable. You can buy a seperate machine to transfer analog signal to digital for about $300, but how good is their quality I don't really know because I never use it. But I do use my digital MiniDV camcorder to transfer those analog signal.
I hope this helps.

Johnny

Return to posts index

John Q
on Dec 8, 2004 at 3:30:40 am

The easiest way is to buy a standalone DVD recorder, starting at $150. Just plug the VCR into the DVR and dub your unprotected VHS tapes. More expensive recorders include the ability to capture to a hard drive and do simple editing before burning the DVD.

Return to posts index

obioneballi
on Dec 8, 2004 at 12:54:12 pm

Of course Squashy, if you're going to be doing this as a business, and preserving people's home movies, it would certainly be worth investing in the higher end professional firewire equipment....

There's a HUGE difference between a $65 Wal-Mart 4-head VCR and an $850 JVC Super VHS Professional Grade VCR with digital enhancements - and not just the price.

Same thing with the difference between a Pinnacle Studios Capture card and a Maxtrox capture card - HUGE difference. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]