FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make music DVD?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
captaincrunch
How to make music DVD?
on Oct 29, 2004 at 12:27:33 pm

I'm digital-musically impaired. Don't know anything about .wav, .wma, mpa, or mp3 files. All I know is that with MSPro7 I use .wav files.

Here's my question:
I am having a disco party (I know what you're thinking . . . don't go there!), anyway - instead of me doing the music I figured I'm smart enough to take all the songs, make a file in MSPro with the songs overlaping so the music never stops (like at the nightclubs) and put it on a DVD.

Well, I built the files and ended up with 5 1/2 hours of music. I created a .wav file. Now, how do I get that on a DVD so it will play in a DVD player?

Nero gives me options of making a MP3 DVD or WMA DVD but not a regular WAV DVD. I don't have any program to make MP3's (MSPro makes a .mpa but nothing recognizes .mpa files).

So, I saved the music as .wma files (CD quality). Nero made a DVD but my DVD player say's "no disc". I can play it from the computer with Media player as a .wma file.

How do I get my DVD player to play this thing? Too much music for a regular CD.

Any suggestions?

What, another program or something?

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: How to make music DVD?
on Oct 30, 2004 at 1:20:32 am

When a DVD player recognizes a CD, it assumes that it's either a VCD or audio CD. When it isn't, it usually will refuse to read the disc. Similarly, DVD media is assumed to be either a DVD video or DVD audio disc. Other formats will be rejected.

There's only a few applications to author a DVD-Audio disc, and they're expensive. You can read up on the subject at Authoring and Recording DVD-Audio Discs.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 31, 2004 at 6:13:43 am

It's amazing what you'll find on the internet, if you just hunt a little. Here's an application for $39.95.

Audio DVD Creator

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 5, 2006 at 11:44:51 am

i hit upon an article on the different formats, share with youSmile
There are many kinds of video/audio formats being commonly used, and if only you’ve got some ABCs about video, you should not be unfamiliar with such popular formats as AVI, MPED, MOV, RM, etc. There always exists an answer to a reasonable question, and there is always in existence a player to be compatible with the file in a particular format. So as it is, QuickTime player relates to MOV , and Real Player is a pal of RM .But if your dear player only has a Real Player ,while the file on hand is MOV, then which you should whine about, the player or the file? Take it easy, please. The best way is to fix the problem is to find a kind of ‘bridge’ between these two formats .Find a gadget to do the conversion work , put an end to all your fuss, and have a good time while watching the converted video file.

The first stage we start with is to get some basic knowledge about the different formats. Here I introduce some universally used formats to give a general idea.

AVI
Audio/viedo interleave, the most ubiquitous audio/video container format, which support the most audio and video formats
MPG
The audio/video container for MPEG,has a streaming attribute. It can be further classified into PS,TS, used respectively as a container for DVD and HDTV .
VOB
The audio/video container format for DVD, supports multi-video ,multi-track, and multi-title etc.
MP4
The audio/video container format for MPEG-4,based on QuickTime MOV ,and features many superiorities.
3GP
3GPP uses 3GP as a video format to transmit streaming media.
ASF
Windows Media applies ASF as its audio/video container ,to be used for transmitting streams, script included.
RM
Real Media uses RM to transmit streams
MOV
The audio/video container for QuickTime ,maybe the most powerful container at present. Besides many common technologies it supports, it even upholds virtual reality and java, an edge over its variations such as MP4 and 3GP.
WAV
A kind of audio container. People often refer to WAV as the unzipped PCM code, but as a matter of fact, WAV also includes other ACM zipping codes such as MP3.
MP3
MPEG Audio Layer 3 ,as has been mentioned above.

Based on this first step, we then come to face with a sea of different converters. It is a practical yardstick that the more powerful a soft is, that is to say supporting more formats and providing more output formats, the more appealing it is to consumers. I like to try different things, and do some comparison work. Among the many soft I’ve tried, I’d like to recommend Xilisoft. It provides many kinds of converters .It affords not only powerful functions , but also a low price .

Return to posts index

Owen06
on Jul 5, 2006 at 11:55:08 am

sooo ,you can use Xilisoft CD ripper to convert you cd files into .wav ,which is supported by your playerSmile good luck~~

Return to posts index

dengfeng2010
on Jul 31, 2006 at 2:46:47 am

maybe you can use wondershare Video to DVD Burner

Return to posts index

erica
on Nov 4, 2006 at 9:24:03 am

Owen06: sooo ,you can use Xilisoft CD ripper to convert you cd files into .wav ,which is supported by your playerSmile good luck~~

Owen06's suggestion can be taken into account,xilisoft performs well

Return to posts index

freda
on Mar 16, 2007 at 5:28:20 am

I like [url=http://www.qweas.com/download/audio_mp3/cd_rippers/xilisoft_cd_ripper.htm]Xilisoft CD Ripper

Return to posts index

hanaku
on Mar 23, 2007 at 6:16:31 am

Well, good article!
I learn more from it~~~

Return to posts index

forkart
on Mar 26, 2007 at 6:59:21 am

I use magiciso to rip cd to mp3 file with their tutorial.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-ripaudiocdtomp3.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]