FORUMS: list search recent posts

ReelDVD or Encore

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GLPhoto
ReelDVD or Encore
on Oct 15, 2004 at 7:10:38 pm

I've used Studio 8 and now 9 to edit video and use dthe DVD authoring included in the software but i'd like more options.
I'm considering ReelDVD or Encore. Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Gianni

Return to posts index

Michael Autery
Re: ReelDVD or Encore
on Oct 28, 2004 at 5:44:16 pm

As for editing the video you can only clip the ends using Encore but not ReelDVD, neither are video editors they are mainly for dvd authoring.

if you want more options I would suggest buy a video editing software like Premiere, and Encore or Sony Vegas Video, DVD Architect or try some of the demo/trial software Ulead DVD Workshop, Ulead Movie Maker

Michael Autery
DVD-Makers.com Online
Encore DVD Motion Menus, Video Animations, DVD Production Template Sets, Tutorials and much more.

Return to posts index

GLPhoto
on Oct 28, 2004 at 7:04:31 pm

Thanks for the answer. I gues it was my mistake not to specify that my interest is getting more options on the authiring end. Hence my question about Encore or ReelDVD.
Thanks again.

Gianni

Return to posts index

Michael Autery
on Nov 1, 2004 at 9:08:55 pm

Ok,

Then I would suggest Encore over ReelDVD for someone that has no experience with either Encore or ReelDVD, the learning curve for ReelDVD can be a bit tuff at times.

With Encore you can set your motion menus and video buttons chapters etc. with ease, as well as import avi, quicktime, mpeg 1 & 2

With ReelDVD you can only import Elementary stream mpeg 1 & 2 and you will have to composite your motion menus and video buttons in another program (video editor, or After effects etc.)and then encode them with an mpeg encoder, you will also have to create your menus in Adobe Photoshop, DVD Menu Studio.

If you are considering Encore DVD I would opt for the Adobe Pro Video Collection, which includes Premiere, Encore, After effects, and Photoshop, and all these tools integrate very well together.

to make a long story short it takes a lot more work/time to produce a dvd using ReelDVD than it does with Encore DVD

Michael Autery
DVD-Makers.com Online
Encore DVD Motion Menus, Video Animations, DVD Production Template Sets, Tutorials and much more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]