FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Black Borders Around Video

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xkelly
Big Black Borders Around Video
on Oct 8, 2004 at 5:16:36 am

Ok, here's the problem. I am currently using Premiere Pro 1.5 and Encore 1.0.1. I did not have this problem when using Premiere 6.5 and Sonic MyDVD. Ultimately, I don't think the problem is on the DVD authoring end, but I see varying results, depending on set top boxes they are played in. On to the problem.

My project in Premiere is set for NTSC 4x3. We capture .9 or 1.2 widescreen into premiere. Make sure the footage is interpreted correctly, then add to timeline. The first thing we notice is that the source monitor shows the that the video frame is border to border regardless of format, which is correct. However, when we preview the sequence/timeline, there is a wide black border around the frame, which translates out to any media export I do. I cannot figure this out. I've tried reinterpreting the footage wider but all it does is distort the image, of course, and the black border is still there.

Now, I expect to have the top and bottom letterbox border for 4x3, but not the right/left border. We have some film shorts that we need to get readdy for festivals and we can't figure this out. Any help will be really, really appreciated. Or if you could point me to the right forum or whatever.

Oh, regarding my earlier comment on setop boxes. When I play one of these DVDs on my new progressive scan player, non-progressive scan TV, the borders are huge. On a friends older non-progressive scan dvd player, you just see the standard letterbox top/bottom lines. HELP.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

12quidkidinnit
Re: Big Black Borders Around Video
on Oct 30, 2006 at 2:54:07 am

If it starts off like this

Left click the cursor on the preview window, it should cause a white border with handles at the edges and on the corners

Drag the handles outwards until the image completely fills the window. Left click on the image to align as necessary

Left click in the grey area outside the video image when it's where you want it to be, and the border will disappear. Very Happy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]