FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVR-A03 Drivers for Windows XP?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bone
DVR-A03 Drivers for Windows XP?
by
on Oct 5, 2004 at 1:33:02 am

Since upgrading from Win 2000 to Win XP, my Pioneer DVR A03 does not even recognize ANY discs any more. Can anyone tell me how to exactly, step by step download and install the appropriate updated drivers to make this crap work?

Return to posts index

Jon Oransky
Re: DVR-A03 Drivers for Windows XP?
on Oct 5, 2004 at 5:44:57 pm

there are no drivers for a cd/dvd drive at all. what software are you trying to use w/ your a03?

- Jon

http://www.videoguys.com
800-323-2325 x120

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 6, 2004 at 2:23:33 am

If you upgraded to WinXP over your existing W2K load, then you need to change your IDE port settings for the A03 drive in device manager. Under W2K, the A03 ran in PIO mode. Under WinXP, it needs to be DMA mode.

Return to posts index

bone
by
on Oct 6, 2004 at 5:07:06 pm

Thanks John Q!! Now the only other problem is that I do not know how to change these settings. Do you? If so, do you mind telling me how?........Yes, I am lame when it comes to this stuff.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 7, 2004 at 1:20:49 am

Right click on My Computer and click on Properties. Under System Properties/Device Manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, right click on the IDE channel for your A03 and click on Properties. On the Advanced Settings screen you can change from "PIO only" to "DMA If Available".

Return to posts index

bone
by
on Oct 7, 2004 at 6:19:22 pm

Thanks a bunch...but no luck. It was already in "DMA if Available".

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on Oct 7, 2004 at 10:36:27 pm

Assuming that your DVD-R shows up in Device Manager as being installed and working properly, about the only advice I can give you is to update your DVD software player and CD/DVD burning software. If that doesn't fix the problem, you probably should contact Pioneer and your computer manufacturer.

Return to posts index

John Q
on Oct 8, 2004 at 5:14:52 am

Of course, mine quit working entirely 6 months ago, so I now have a Plextor drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]