FORUMS: list search recent posts

Next Dual Layer?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan C
Next Dual Layer?
on Sep 23, 2004 at 11:06:07 pm

Question before buying a dual layer burner. Are we done with formats or is DL DVD-R on the horizon? Should I hold out until then or is DL DVD+R going to be it?
Alan

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Next Dual Layer?
on Sep 24, 2004 at 4:20:34 am

The next big thing is probably going to have a blue laser. The primary contenders hold about 20+ GB in a single layer to support HD video. There is another design just announced using a blue laser and holographic storage to yield 200 GB on a single layer.

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
on Sep 24, 2004 at 8:51:57 am

wow 200 gigs on a single layer I dont think I will hold my breath that they will EVER release that at any sort or price I will be willing to spend or not Laughing But I sure would and will be happy once I can put over 10 gigs on a dvd single layer and be able to take the same dvd to friends and family and most of the time it will work in there player.

Return to posts index

unclelukes2000
on Nov 14, 2004 at 4:16:12 am

Actually DL DVD-R is coming out between December and March. The Plextor 716 is suppose to be able to support it through a firmware upgrade. But it seems as if most drives in the future will more than likely support + and - formats from here on out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]