FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to DVD problems

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Emer
Avid to DVD problems
on Sep 11, 2004 at 10:07:55 pm

I have a 17 minute show that I made on a PC Avid Xpress DV system. I duped that show onto a MiniDV tape (using a DSR-45). I took that tape and put it into another PC based Xpress Pro system using a Canon XL1s. I export the show from that avid as a quicktime mov (.mov). NTSC 720x480, 601 color levels, Even field, uncompressed. Now I bring that mov file into Sorenson squeeze to convert to mpv and wav files for DVD production. I squeeze the .mov with a video datarate of 8000kbs and an audio data rate of 1536. I use MPEG-2 video and PCM audio. I select even field, NTSC, 720x480, and 6 I frames. I create the elementary files (one for video one for audio) and use Sonic DVDit! 2.5 SE to burn it onto a +R DVD. The video on the DVD is jumpy and stutters during fast motion (A person leans over and their body seems ot jump ahead a few frames. This happens during the opening montage). After the opening I have a person talking on a green screen matte. The person's head seems to stick and jump when they tilt it for move it while it speaking. Now I've spent 3 days trying t resolve the issue but with no luck. I played the quicktime movie in Sorenson and there is no jump video - thought there is in my mpv file. The thing is, I've been using the same settings throughout and I've already made DVDs that had smooth video. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Return to posts index

blade
Re: Avid to DVD problems
on Oct 19, 2004 at 12:50:53 am

Try with TMPGenc more information here:
http://forum.mediaassist.nl/threadlist.ihtml?showforum=41

Return to posts index

dndvideo
Re: Avid to DVD problems
on Oct 28, 2004 at 5:02:59 am

Once you have made all your settings in Sorensen, go to Edit, then drop down to Filters. Once there, set the deinterlace to none. That should take care of your problem. I had the same problem myself. Why they don't have the proper setting as the default is beyond me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]