FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture Cards Not Detected Under XP

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adeleskie
Capture Cards Not Detected Under XP
on May 13, 2003 at 12:53:06 pm

I am currently running a intel p4 2.4 with 512 megs of PC-333 ram. ASUS 64MB Geforce 2 Ti7700 AGP and an old all-in-wonder rage pro ATI 8 meg PCI card. Using an ASUS P4PE Motherboard.

I have been having a heck of a time getting my cards to recognize under XP. I always get the message that there is no capture device installed or the drivers are incorrect. I have used both cards at various times under win98/95 and have had no issues with capture. But cannot get them to recognize under XP.

I have tried using the ATI capture drivers, the nvidia drivers, asus drivers, XP Native drivers and none of them have worked. That includes installing/uninstalling the drivers each time, pulling the ati card so I was only using the AGP card and using probably 3 versions of each video driver and capture driver for each device.
I have directx 9 installed and media player 9 and all of the latest patches and updates from microsoft installed.

I was excited to get a TiVo style setup going on my machine but have had no luck getting anything working. If anyone has any suggestions about bios settings that are known to cause capture issues or if someone with a similar configuration can list off a "known good" set of drivers for the all-in-wonder or the geforce 2 under xp I'd be very happy.

XP was setup clean on the machine about 1 month ago so it's a relatively clean install. Anyway, hope you can help. I'm running out of ideas myself.

Cheers,

Aaron.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]