FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC to PAL problem

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
natal
NTSC to PAL problem
on Jul 20, 2004 at 12:26:20 am

I have successfully completed and rendered several video projects with Adobe Premier 6.5. Compressed at high bit rate with Adobe MPEG Encoder and finally burned to DVD-R media through Sonic MyDVD. Playback and quality are perfect.
However when I repeated the process in PAL setting (for playback in Europe) video is OK except when there is a paned scene. The image is fragmented.
My first thought was that it was a field order issue but I made copies in Lower Field First / Upper Field First / No Field Order with little or no change to the video.
These are important videos that I would like to have PAL versions of. If any one has any suggestions with regards to solving this problem I would be most great full

Natal

Return to posts index

Michael Autery
Re: NTSC to PAL problem
on Jul 20, 2004 at 2:51:47 pm

Hi,

Are you using Premiere to convert the NTSC to PAL if you are that is where your problem is, you can't just have a NTSC video and change the settings in Premiere and have a PAL format.

You will need to convert the NTSC video to PAL format using ProCoder or another format converter.

Regards
Michael Autery

DVD-Makers.com A DVD Developers Community

Return to posts index

natal
Re: NTSC to PAL problem
on Jul 21, 2004 at 12:12:31 am

Thank you Michael for putting me on the right track. I believe that may well be the problem

A Canopus ProCoder 2.0 which converts NTSC to PAL is in the price range of around $400 and $500. Is there a more viable alternative to converting my projects?

Thank you in advance

Natal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]