FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD decoder?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suebobw
DVD decoder?
on May 29, 2004 at 2:11:20 am

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105 1.30 which worked perfectly. Had it upgraded w/adobe premier pro and 1g ram. Now Win XP recognizes DVD but Roxio, DVDit, etc. says no recorder present and Win Media Player said "cannot play this DVD because a comkpatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer." Can anyone help me.

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: DVD decoder?
on May 29, 2004 at 2:26:43 am

You need to install DVD player software, like Cineplayer or WinDVD. There's usually one bundled with the drive.

Return to posts index

suebobw
on May 29, 2004 at 2:48:13 am

Thanks, I'll play the disc and hopefully will help. BTW going thru some papers, I discovered that in Nov of 2003, I had the same problem and my computer store found some "corrupted registry settings" that affected DVD ROM, DVD-RW detection in Win XP. I wonder why this keeps happening. But again, thanks for your ever-so-quick reply.

Return to posts index

suebobw
on May 29, 2004 at 7:07:10 pm

John, I reran the Pioneer install disc and it didn't help, nor did I see anything referring to Cineplayer or WinDVD. Can I download these from the internet? Windows?? Sorry to be such a dweeb but appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on May 29, 2004 at 9:42:57 pm

How about Cyberlink PowerDVD?

Return to posts index

suebobw
on May 30, 2004 at 1:12:34 am

KDaves, unless I read the Cyberlink website wrong, I don't need a DVD Player. I have Roxio, MyDVD and DVDit to burn DVDs. I finished editing my movie in Premiere 6.5 and want to burn it to DVD. My problem is none of these 3 programs read the DVD-R/W, although windows hardware shows its working fine. I appreciate your help, although it didn't apply to my problem.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Daves
on May 30, 2004 at 2:50:27 am

You must have a software DVD player installed in order to play Mpeg 2 files and DVD's on a computer. Windows Media Player will not play them without one installed. PowerDVD and WinDVD are examples of DVD player software.

Your Pioneer installation disc should have come with such a program. There should be one on the MyDVD disc, the DVDit disc and there may be one on the Roxio disc, too.

Return to posts index

D_
by
on Jun 6, 2004 at 3:04:02 am

Burning is a separate issue. Check the Roxio site. The FAQ and support page should have something there to help you.

Dylan

Return to posts index

captainamerica77
something to try
on Sep 24, 2004 at 8:57:52 am

Try this at your own risk but I have tried this before and have been told to try this. Uninstall your dvd software if possible uninstall your dvd burner the actual drive under device manager then reboot and reinstall all your software again.

If this does not work then check and it has worked in the past then you more than likey are in need of a fresh install of winxp after formating your hard drive. Just make sure you back up all your files etc. first some how I realise your dvd burner is not working.

I try to keep my video computer as clutter free as possible I never install anything that I do not have to have. It is NOT connected to the internet. If I have to do a windows update I download it from another computer.

Good luck

Return to posts index

D_
Re: something to try
by
on Sep 25, 2004 at 12:26:13 am

Sue,

Did you get your system to recognize the DVD?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]