FORUMS: list search recent posts

conflicts in dvd burning, please help ASAP

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craigferriter
conflicts in dvd burning, please help ASAP
on Mar 22, 2004 at 12:49:04 pm

I have an HP running XP with 2.2 Ghz, 512RAM. Premiere 6, Sonic My DVD.

I am using an old Cendyne 1X (-) format internal burner. The other day, we finished burning a project for a customer and they said that the disc wouldn't play in any 4 of their players.

Knowing that this burner was old, we spoke with the guy at the local store and he said (+) format is more compatible. We purchased an IOMagic external USB2 drive (+). This caused the computer to shut down many times in the middle of burning. We returned this unit and bought a sony firewire/usb2 drive(+). It seems to be okay, but for $300 we feel like we could do a lot better. (It still doesn't always see the drive).

If you had $300 to spend, would you go internal or external, (-) or (+) and would you shop a certain brand? (Pioneer, sony, hp, etc).

Please help!

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
Re: conflicts in dvd burning, please help ASAP
on Mar 22, 2004 at 2:32:44 pm

The two best drives on the market are the Plextor 708A and Pioneer DVR-A07. Either one should work great in your computer as an internal device.

Before you install a new burner, make sure the old one is completely un-installed. This means rebooting the system with the Cendyne out and no other burner in. Poke around for any drivers or or patches you may have installed for the Cendyne burner and remove them. Now install the new burner.

Use top quality media. Cheaper media is more likely to prodcue a 'coaster'. Cheap media alos burns slower.

Check out this page for more info on DVD burning http://www.videoguys.com/DVDburn.html

Gary

Videoguys.com / The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
We Are The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts

All DTV purchases come with our exclusive 30 day customer assurance program and FREE Tech Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]