FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD production size in pinnacle

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
p701
DVD production size in pinnacle
by
on Mar 18, 2004 at 11:48:04 am

My brother-in-law has a TDK burner and uses Pinnacle 9 for his production. He wants to know why he can only get +-60min of Video and sound on a 4.7GB DVD. On the CD it states 120min, he says. His setting are all on 100% - DVD quality. I did try to explain that DVD quality is the highest. Now he wants to know why he can get 2x as much renderd video onto a VideoCD then. Can one produce/render it as a VideoCD and burn it to DVD? (Will it be compactable with household DVD players?)

Return to posts index

WTS
Re: DVD production size in pinnacle
by
on May 6, 2004 at 1:45:57 am

My bet is he is using uncompressed audio (wav) as the audio component for his dvd and/or he is using CBR setting with high bitrate for his video component. To get > an hour of material on a dvd you would need to use compressed audio (the standard is ac3, but many lower end authoring apps try to get by with mpeg audio--which is not a part of the NTSC standards and won't play on some set top's) and VBR for video. You wouldn't want to put video cd type material on a dvd, unless the only destination for playback would be a computer. Set top players won't recognize videoCD content on a dvd. You would also suffer loss of quality because the mpeg1 files would be of inferior quality.

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]