FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kids costing me a fortune!!

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Princess11353
Kids costing me a fortune!!
on Feb 22, 2004 at 8:16:35 pm

I just joined this forum, so please excuse my lack of intelligence in the DVD burning field.

Let me start by saying that I have 4 BOYS! Shocked They range in age from 2yrs to 12 yrs. I have spent a FORTUNE in buying them DVDs for their viewing pleasure. The problem is that the DVD's have been getting scratched and the baby has gotten ahold of a couple of them and broke them! He has learned how to press the eject button on the DVD player and his brothers leave a DVD in it from time to time. I purchased a machine to basically scrape off layers of the DVD to try and reduce the scratches but it doesn't always help. I have an HP DVD 400i burner that my parents purchased for me so I couple make copies of the originals and put the originals in a safe place.

Here's the question/problem.... I know it's illegal to make copies of DVD's and sell or even to give to friends, but is it also illegal to make copies for yourself concidering the above mentioned situations? I tried to contact a couple companies but I haven't had much luck. Could anyone please help me with this situation? Having 4 kids makes it almost impossible to watch them 24/7.

Thanks in advance,
PrincessLaughing

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: Kids costing me a fortune!!
on Feb 23, 2004 at 3:51:16 am

You're looking for DVD X Copy from 321 Studios. The legality of using this software is still being argued in the courts.

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Feb 24, 2004 at 3:26:38 am

I think you have until the 26th of this month to get a copy of the program as it currently exists. A ruling was made against them recently, and all apps they offer that decrypt (which is needed for movie back up) will have that feature removed (until 321 has their day in court, and perhaps--which is a big perhaps--they win on appeal).

Jim

Return to posts index

Princess11353
on Feb 24, 2004 at 10:20:24 pm

Thank you sooooooo much for taking the time to supply me with the information ... it was VERY helpful!! Laughing I'll be sure to get the software tomorrow!!

Thanks again,
Jessica

Return to posts index

dorkn
on Feb 25, 2004 at 5:50:50 pm

I just pruchased DVD X Copy Platinum a few weeks back for the same reason. Kids and scratches... LOL! You can also check out http://www.dvdrhelp.comfor guides and links to free utilities to do the same thing that DVD X Copy does. All though there is a little more work envolved this route where as DVD X Copy is a all in one DVD Back Up Program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]