FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do i...

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CuriousGuy
how do i...
on Dec 25, 2003 at 7:07:16 am

Here's what I'm looking for.

I want a standalone, 1 to 1, DVD duplicator that will read the original DVD as is and copy it to a DVD -R blank. I don't care about copyright protection crap; I wanna copy the hell out of some DVD movies. :) I wanna put a regular old movie in the read drive, a blank DVD -R in the burn drive and hit the copy button. I already have a standalone 1 to 1 CD copier that does exactly this, so why hasn't someone put out a DVD duplicator that will read the DVD exactly as it is and copy it, regardless of what it is. The only obstacle I know of to this is dual layered DVD blanks; which I don't understand why those aren't out on the market in full force by now. Any suggestions for where I can get a duplicator like this?

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: how do i...
on Dec 26, 2003 at 5:00:09 am

If you want to learn about why you can't just copy a DVD movie, go to dvdrhelp. Basically, it's encrypted with the key stored in an area on the DVD that's already filled in on a DVD-R. If you could just copy the bits, it wouldn't play because the decryption key is missing. There are programs that will decrypt the video, but you're currently still left with the problem of how to crunch 9 GB of data into 4.7.

With all the time involved in doing this and the cost of the recordable media, you're better off just buying a previously viewed DVD at your neighborhood video rental store.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]