Can you end my frustration?

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cole
Can you end my frustration?
by
on Nov 1, 2003 at 12:23:05 am

No, this isn't a personal ad.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro. I bought the Adobe Video Collection, along with a DV camera, a memory upgrade, 2nd hard drive, and a firewire card a little over a month ago.

I've gotten very handy with the camera, and have no trouble capturing my footage. My editing skills are improving. But for the life of me, I can't burn any of the work I produce.

I have a 1hr45min project that I built in Premiere Pro. When I try to 'Export to DVD' from the timeline, I go through 3-4 hours of "Transcoding" only to get a virtual memory error.

I run only Adobe Premiere Pro while doing this. It's installed on my 2nd hard drive with the media itself.

My machine is a Pentium IV (1.8Ghz) with 768Mb RAM. My 80Gb 2nd hard drive is only 25% full. Is this a hardware issue?

Can anyone help me? I am defragging both my hard drives after posting this. I am struggling in vain, and would appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

ciabt
Re: Can you end my frustration?
on Nov 1, 2003 at 8:10:47 pm

Hi there
It is best to have your operating system and all your programs on your primary hard drive on IDE 1 set as master and then your 2nd hard drive just for audio/video (no programs) on IDE 2 set as Master. This should help. Also what settings are you exporting your video as? Good luck, hope you get it working!
Later
Brent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]