FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDit Error 'Unable to detect an ASPI Manager'

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joharley
DVDit Error 'Unable to detect an ASPI Manager'
on Sep 28, 2003 at 12:01:25 am

When I have a DVDit project ready to burn to DVD and click on Build/Make DVD Disc... Some times I get the following error - Application error: (17235) Unable to detect an ASPI Manager

The only way I get around this is uninstall DVDit then turn right around and reinstall it. After the reinstall, it burns the disc fine?? But then the HP software won't reconize it's own DVD burner, (HP dvd200i). I reinstall the HP core software and it now works fine as well.

Any Ideas?
JoHarley

Return to posts index

Michael Autery
Re: DVDit Error 'Unable to detect an ASPI Manager'
on Nov 20, 2003 at 12:38:08 am

I have had the same problem with DVDit for some time on Windows XP Pro, I have tried several ways to solve the problem, with no luck.

I usually just burn to the hard drive (make a folder) and use Nero, Prassi, to burn the disc, this is also useful for testing before you burn to disc.

But I now use Adobe Encore with no problems at all, I have deleted DVDit from my system, it doesn't have the features for a professional looking dvd, motion menus, motion buttons, etc.

Regards
Michael Autery

DVD-Makers.com A DVD Developers Community

Return to posts index

Goodspeed
Re: DVDit Error 'Unable to detect an ASPI Manager'
on Nov 20, 2003 at 10:34:28 am

I had similar problems running various Video / DVD applications until I installed a driver packet called ASPI layer.

If you need the drivers just email me and I'll send them to you. (W2K / XP only)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]