FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-9 Authoring software....

COW Forums : Videoguys.com Tech Talk

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
irwin
DVD-9 Authoring software....
on Sep 26, 2003 at 12:40:31 am

I have Reel DVD 2.5 something.. and that Sonic will not let me upgrade me software to version 3 for $99 anymore....

ARGH...

I'm in the market to produce DVD-9. What software is out there now that can do this? Also, with Reel DVD that I currently have, you can select "pre-defined" languages for laying in to the Audio tracks.. The software I'm looking for should do this too..

We are making Karaoke DVD's and write now the closes language I'm using is Japanese... it would be nice to have "Karaoke" pop up as a language...

Any takers on this question?

Aloha from Hawaii,

Irwin

Return to posts index

John Q
Re: DVD-9 Authoring software....
on Sep 26, 2003 at 3:59:22 am

I believe the only package available at a reasonable price that can author DVD-9 is Adobe Encore.

Return to posts index

irwin
on Sep 29, 2003 at 1:26:54 pm

Thx John...

I just read the Sonic Scenarist can do it... but Sonic doesn't list their price down..

Irwin

Return to posts index

WTS
by
on Sep 30, 2003 at 12:06:26 am

Adobe's Encore suppports DVD-9 (dual layer). ReelDVD 3.x does not, so you're not missing anything there. True 'Karaoke' dvd authoring can only be done with a high level app like Scenarist. You can create a 'pseudo-Karaoke' (making a word up here ) using subtitles--which are both supported by ReelDVD and Encore. Unfortunately ReelDVD doesn't support menu activated audio or subtitle stream access. I believe Encore does. There is a pdf file created by 'Loren' who has found work arounds with ReelDVD to make menu activated audio and subtitle buttons, and I can point you to the link if you would like.

Jim

PS Scenarist will run you ~$20K just for the software. Adobe is under $600. Another alternative would be Apple's DVD Studio Pro. Of course it requires you to buy a Mac, but it doesn't have to be a top of the line one to work. DVDSP 2 is a bit like Spruce's Maestro reincarnated. Spruce Tech was bought out by Apple some time ago, and the code for Maestro was brought in house and appears to have re-emerged in DVDSP-2. That program (for less than $500) can do some pretty amazing things, and can nearly match Scenarist (at a fraction of the cost).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]